Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Recovery Hike

I called up my folks after work yesterday to see what their dinner plans were, to find out that they were just heading out the door for some Ice Age Trail maintenance. I was still feeling pretty stiff from Saturday's big effort, so I figured a hike in the woods would help shake things loose a bit. I grabbed some rubber boots, gloves and a shovel and headed out to meet them on the trail.


This was actually the section of trail I built for my Eagle Scout project in my younger days, and since I haven't hiked it in a few years a little nostalgia kicked in. It turned out to be a pretty nice "active recovery" day shoveling out the dammed (pun intended) swampy section, and hikin' with the folks.


Outside of that I'm still mulling over The Royal epic last weekend and slowly working on a write up. Meanwhile, the May 21st Apocalypse (better known as the Chequamegon 100) lingers in the back of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment