Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Granite Lake to Hilltop loop

Here's a quick recap that I forgot to post from Saturday Jan 16th...

I was dog/house sitting for the week...so the ride started from my sister's place on Granite Lake. In the morning before Brent showed up, I took the dog out for a little cruise up the road. I figured that she would be cooped up all day while we were riding so I gave her a good run while I could. It was also a nice 30 minute warm up for me.

Great Picture Courtesy Of BKM

We wanted to make the best of all daylight hours...so the first rule was "no sweat to Barronett". We took the first hour or so to just loosen up and feel out the day's conditions, snap some pics etc. before doing any tough work.

Hats Off!

Gorgeous day! --for January-- 35 degrees and sunny. It was strange to actually feel some warmth on your body when standing in the sun. This doesn't happen much in January.

Wisconsin Steel

We planned for a pit stop out at Hilltop restaurant. So, from Barronett- 29th Ave to H, to Lake 32 road - we then jumped on a section of the snowmobile trail that took us right to Hilltop. Wings and Beer!

Creek Crossing

From there we loosened up for a few miles on the road again before jumping on the lakes...our route back to town!

"Ice Road Biker"

No comments:

Post a Comment